A couple weekends ago, after leaving Panaca from Chelsie's
party, we decided to take a quick jaunt up to the cabin and spend the night. Joseph's brother Randy, John, and his Sister Alyssa were already there. 

Yep. That's right... a baby deer. I believe "fawn" is the technical term.
We called it JD
He was found all by himself near the cabin. They took it in and cared for it until we could get him into the right hands. Although, it didn't take long before the attachment grew.
that weekend. In fact I believe there were even considerations of raising it in our backyard until it got older. The dreadful day came and it was now or never. They loaded the fuzz ball up and took it down the mountain to the Hurricane animal shelter.
As well as this little creature.
Yep. That's right... a baby deer. I believe "fawn" is the technical term.
We called it JD
He was found all by himself near the cabin. They took it in and cared for it until we could get him into the right hands. Although, it didn't take long before the attachment grew.
I guess it was those wobbly little legs and fluffy brown tail that stole the hearts of the three
"Manly Men"
that weekend. In fact I believe there were even considerations of raising it in our backyard until it got older. The dreadful day came and it was now or never. They loaded the fuzz ball up and took it down the mountain to the Hurricane animal shelter.
If that in itself wasn't hard enough for the boys, the poor little guy kept trying to avoid the lady by hiding behind their legs.
Joseph has since called to check on JD and happily reported that they are going to keep it until it's grown and then try to release it
5 comments:
How cute is that! My family would have like to keep it too. Glad to hear it's doing well.
How cute! I wish I could have seen it!
Randy is such an animal rights activist at heart! He just ACTS like he's a macho hunter--when really, he fed a baby deer from a bottle!!!
Can you believe how tiny baby deer are?? I just saw my first one this last weekend and I couldn't believe it. They are really cute!
that is decidedly the cutest thing i have ever seen.
Post a Comment