Where in the world did this summer go?
When the time came for us to leave Delaware I was surprised at how quickly it had gone, but our time in Vegas is now over and I can't believe it.
It's been the most wonderful summer. It turned out to be nothing that we had planned at all, but I wouldn't have changed it for anything. Just minutes before getting into Las Vegas we discovered that we were in need of a place to stay. Our first plan fell through. We called my grandparents and within 30 minutes of arriving at their house they already had a room cleaned out for us. Bless them. They really didn't have space for us. Zach lives there as well as David and Giulia. Not to mention my Dad and Uncle Danny that stay there frequently in between trips. They just took us in with no hesitation. It was the best thing that could have happened to us this summer.
Memories have been made and relationships have grown. It was easily one of the best summers we've ever had. I wouldn't change one thing about it.
It's the goodbyes that are always the hardest. Believe me, this one was one hard. I watched as Amelia got to know some of the people who are dearest to my heart. I wish that she could always remember this summer the way that I will. The way she clung to Grandpa any time he walked in the room. Giving Grandma good morning kisses from her high chair. Hearing her giggles come from Giulia's room. Wiping up chocolate chip lips. Waving goodbye to Daddy from the front porch every morning. Afternoon swim parties. Sweating to Insanity (yes, I still miss that). Watching her uncles swoon over her. 

Hearing her little fingers lightly tickle the piano keys.

Late night basketball games.

These pictures were taken the day that we left. I treasure everyone of them. Thank you Giulia.


This picture perfectly describes Amelia's summer with Grandpa. The chocolate chip cheeks, the smiles, the giggles, the drinking fountain.
Everything about this summer will be missed.
photobucket.com.....

1 comment:
Feesh, these are breaking my heart. Just come back dangit!
And I love this last pic. It turned out so good!!!
Post a Comment