Monday, March 19, 2012

1.5 years

I could not believe I was walking my little baby in for her year and a half check up.
She was quite the entertainer that day. 
Mimicking everything the nurses and doctor said.
Miss Parrot.
Dr. Harrison wanted her to know at least 20 words by this point (and using them herself, without being asked). 
NO QUESTION! 
She chatted and chatted and chatted. That is...when she wasn't copying someone.
Dr. Harrison was just laughing. She was such a little talker the ENTIRE time we were there. 

Then it came to getting her shots. Oh goodness...
I was holding her while the nurse came in and was prepping. 
All Amelia saw was the lady pull out some band-aids. She opened them so they were ready to go. 
In her little voice said "Ohhh....SCARY!" While covering her eyes with her little hands.
The nurse was laughing hysterically. 
She somehow remembered what was going to happen.
After that she was really brave, but once they poked her she was so dramatic. 
HUGE tears poring down those cheeks, while repeating "Cry. Mama, cry. Cry."
The nurse offered her a tissue and Amelia just leaned in so the nurse could wipe her tears for her.
Then when the nurse was saying goodbye. Amelia said "Take," to the nurse and dove into her arms. 
While still letting her know that she's crying, "Cry. Cry." As if we didn't already know.

Heavens I love her.


No comments: