Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go away...

Last week it rained for two days straight. I actually really love the rain. They have awesome rain storms here. But pushing a stroller while holding an umbrella and trying to keep your little one dry isn't my idea of fun. Believe me. I tried it. Awful.
The rain doesn't hold anyone back here though. These NY moms have all the tricks. Their strollers are decked out with all the bells and whistles. Like clear plastic covers and umbrella holders. Well, we aren't so seasoned in this area and I would just look like a fool trying to juggle everything.
And not only that, but my back has been on the outs as of late and wasn't feeling too splendid that day.
So...

Mama opted to stay in.
Day one - we decided to get back into potty training.  Potty training in a hotel with a hurt back....probably not the smartest idea, but it's paid off. We started quite some time ago when we were in Provo and she was really doing great. Then with the move to Henderson it just kind of got put on the back burner. Now that we are out here and a little more settled, it was time. She practically jumped right in where we left off before. She is still doing great. She's gone one whole week with only one accident. I'm so proud of her. 


She's probably going to kill me for posting this one day, but here is Miss Buns on the first day - longing to be outside in the rain.

Day 2 - By this day I was really feeling like a lazy mom. Amelia and I had not stepped foot out of the hotel in two days. It was still raining and I could barely get out of bed with my back pain. I could tell she was getting sick of the coloring books and few toys we had brought with us. I felt bad. Then I had the bright idea of making her a little fort. Rearranging a little furniture and stripping the bed resulted in a happy girl and entertainment for the rest of the afternoon.

Go Mama!

No comments: