Sunday, February 23, 2014

Our Saturday

I never thought I was much of a wuss when it came to snow and cold, but it turns out I am.  I'm blaming the kids.  It's such a pain to take them out.  Get all bundled up for the 1 minute walk to the car.  Just to take it all off to get them buckled in their car seats.  Then repeat those two steps when we get where we are going. Call me lazy, but I don't care.  I'm done with this winter. The snow was beautiful when it first got here.  The kids loved crawling around in it. Then it just turned into a heavy wet, slippery, icy mess. Not to mention I have this little guy who's new to walking and wants to go out every chance he gets. So Spring could not come soon enough in my opinion!

But today.... Oh TODAY! It was perfect.  Just what my soul needed.  We had sun. Sun I say! Hardly any snow is left and we only needed light jackets. I had to get out and let that golden sun soak into me.  So we hit up the zoo! (Along with everyone else in Philly.)  Apparently everyone else was feeling the same way because it was the busiest that I've ever seen it.

It was so energizing.  The kids loved it. They, unfortunately, were ready to go home for naps much sooner than I was. But, nonetheless, it was amazing.

Here's a little short video of our morning. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey whilst reading your blog I felt myself feeling really happy and I was really enjoying it!! You seem like such a nice person so maybe when you have a spare moment you could come and check out mine? Thanks xox