Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dodgers and other things

Manny is AMAZING! Maybe I shouldn't be writing this because I may jinx them, but the Dodgers are in sole possession of first place in NL West. The diamondbacks are 3.5 games behind with only 18 games left, and all the Dodgers remaining games are against teams with losing records. The Dodgers have been my favorite team my whole life, but I have never seen them win a playoff game. They hadn't won a playoff game since winning the world series in 1988, when I was 3, until 2005. Of course they win one while I am on my mission. I don't think I have seen any of my favorite teams in any sport win a championship. Of course BYU won the national championship in 1984 when I was just a little to young to know. Speaking of BYU, I am sick of everyone on ESPN and everywhere else saying BYU's win last week against was tainted by the last second penalty on the touchdown celebration. The rule clearly states he had to be penalized. Plus Jan Jorgensen blocked the kick on the following play. Rule 9, Section 2, Article 1 of the NCAA rule book says "After a score or any other play, the player in possession immediately must return the ball to an official or leave it near the dead-ball spot. This prohibits...Throwing the ball high into the air." You be the judge whether or not that ball was thrown high in the air. Also isn't that a nice hold on Jorgensen as he is blocking the kick!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

At first I thought Felicia was writing this and I thought, I didn't know she liked the Dodgers, that must make Preston really mad. Then I figured it was Joe.

You just made me feel really old. I was a senior in High School when the Dodgers won. I still remember where I was (homecoming date).

GO DODGERS!!!!
GO BYU!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

I hope you didn't jinx them Joseph!

Mer said...

Okay I agree with Tracey. I thought it was Felicia as well and I thought man Joe is really rubbing off on her. Then I read the part about the mission. I know it took me a little bit to figure it out but I am a slow learner.

Tara said...

Joe I have to admit that you lost me somewhere there with all the stats, but I'm sure you are 100% correct and Lincoln's baseball team this year is the Dodgers.

Cami Jo said...

SO...what did you think about the game yesterday then???

GO BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!