Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall Days


I love the autumn season! It brings many memories to life for me. The first thing I think of is hunting with my family. The flattering bright orange outfits and the ice cold early mornings. Feeling the leaves crunch underneath my feet with every step. Sitting around the campfire and feeling the heat from the fire on your face. Squishing into one trailer and having a grueling game of aggravation. I also love autumn because of Halloween. Seeing the little tike's in their costumes with smiles on their faces as they collect buckets full of candy. Myself, I love to dress up. I'm working on getting Joseph to join me! I also love football. Everything about it gets me excited. The chill in the air. The roar of the crowd. Staying warm in a big sweatshirt and most importantly, hot chocolate! There seems to be a certain smell in the air that comes with autumn. The pumpkins and spices. Unfortunately, I think our fall is going to be cut short. I couldn't believe how terribly cold it was today. There is also a chance of snow tomorrow and on Sunday. Sigh....I'm just hoping, cross your fingers, that we will have a few more days of sun and a little warmth. I think the main thing I hate most about the cold is feeling like my legs are never shaven! But what can you do?! :)

4 comments:

Tara said...

Thank goodness Joseph can't have a beard during the school year or he would use your prickly winter legs(I hate that too) as the perfect excuse! I love fall too and today is the first cool day we've had- FINALLY!!

Mer said...

Oh I am glad you have fond memories of hunting. That is where you and I differ in opinion. I guess I did like it when I was younger. By the way I was hoping to see the PIPI picture under this post!!!

Alyssa Walker said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year!! The weather is PERFECT here in H-town!

Felicia said...

Mer, I need to get a copy of that picture from you. I don't even have one!