Monday, March 16, 2009

Catch up

I figured it's time to bring you all to date on our recent happenings.

My cousin Tyler got married this week. So we were able to spend some good quality time with family. My Grandparents were here for the majority of the week. Then Mer and the boys came for the weekend. There were late nights of Aggravation (Girls dominated), bowling, playing with kids, and lots of laughs. It was so good to see everyone, but especially the boys. I haven't been able to spend much time with them since I've been married and it was well over due.

Last night we hosted everyone over for dinner... Kyle, Leah, Adam, and Kilee. We missed you Cameron and Julia! Thanks to President Smith (J's Mission pres.) we successfully served "Moose Meat". It was delicious. Then of course, we ended the evening with a grueling game of...can you guess?...Aggravation.

Joseph's been very busy getting through this semester. Only a few short weeks and he'll be a graduate. We've been waiting to hear back from a few more of the law schools we applied to. So far he's been accepted to: Pepperdine, Oklahoma, Illinois, BYU, Wake Forrest, and Tennessee. That gives us alot of choices and we are going to have to make a decision soon! I'll keep you posted.

Bowling is going well. We swept them last week. This is our last week before the big tournament. It's vital for us to win this week to get a good place in the bracket. As promised (Mer) I will be posting some pictures soon!

David will be home before we know it. The excitment is in the air for all of us. We are so anxious! I've been dillgently working on his scrapbook so he can have a least a few pages to show off once he gets home. I think Joseph's pretty excited to meet him. Hopefully we'll get to steal him away for awhile and break him in up here with us.

4 comments:

Michelle Catherine Walker said...

Moose meat???!!!! How is moose meat best prepared?? :) I'm so excited to find out where you and Joseph end up!!!

Lindsey said...

I am so sad that we didn't get up there last week! It sounds like you guys had tons of fun!

Felicia said...

"Moose Meat" is just a pork loin, but there are special seasoning and a "special" way to cook it. President Smith loved teasing the boys that it was real moose. I think Joseph believed for awhile. :)

Lindz, we missed you last weekend. It would have been great to visit. Hopefully we'll get another chance soon!

Mer said...

It was a much needed weekend! I loved being able to just hang out with you guys I miss it! Besides the bowling ( thanks Jaxon) everything else was great! My boys couldn't come up with a favorite part of their trip so they counted their favorite parts and it was 8! McDonalds was right up there on the list! Thanks for making that time with us it was wonderful! Joe better luck next time in Aggravation!