Sunday, March 22, 2009

Girls Getaway

On Friday I packed up, kissed Joseph, and Carol I left for the red hills of Sunny St. George.
Chelsie had a softball tournament there for the weekend. I was so looking forward to getting away, visiting with girlfriends, and (most importantly) seeing some sun! You see, Joseph is what I call the "Sun Nazi." He keeps the time I spend under those beautiful rays to a bare minimum. I have to jump on every opportunity that I get.
The weekend was beautiful. We spent all day on Saturday at the fields cheering on the girls. They did very well and won their bracket! It did make me realize how much I miss playing the sport though. Joseph's wishes were granted when we only had the sun for half the day. Meaning we came home as pretty pink flamingos instead of ruby red lobsters. Here is a picture of Amanda, Carol, Trisha, and I after the long day.
Even though it was only two nights, I missed Joseph tremendously. It was even better to come home to his smiling little face.

In other news my Davey comes home in two days! I will be meeting him at the Salt Lake Airport to catch him on his layover. Then we will be traveling home at the end of the week for a more extended visit. I can hardly wait!

3 comments:

Jose said...

I don't care if she goes in the sun, I just make her wear sunblock so she isn't leatherface when she is 50

Liz Prisbrey said...

I love girl weekends!

Tara said...

I need to call you guys. I hope you had a great time seeing your brother. I love missionary homecomings!!