Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fish Lake


The end of July we met Kyle and his family at Fish Lake. They were having their annual family reunion and...well....yeah we pretty much crashed it. We had the best time though!

Kyle had a tent already set up for us. We stayed up way too late and got up around 4:00 in the AM to go fishing. I don't really know who's smart idea that was (Joseph), but I wasn't the biggest fan. Once I drug my tired lifeless body to the car we drove to the lodge to rent the boat. Who would have thought the boat renters were still snoozin...? Definitely not us. So instead of climbing back into our beds (the boys thought that would be ridiculous). They just fished off the shore till sun up -- while I snoozed my way back into some crazy dreams. (They seriously were wild.)

Finally we rented our boat and set sail for the day.



It was beautiful. The lake. The trees. The sun.
Everything.


The boys each had a pole (4 of them) so there wasn't much room in that tin can boat to put mine in without the risk of a crazy tangle. So, Instead I filled my time with picture taking, reading, and napping.


The boys had high hopes for the "trophy fish".
You see, this lake is known for its massive size Lake Trout. We didn't leave with the monster, but we did leave with slight sunburns, tangled lines, and more than enough for dinner.


Michelle, the middle ones for you. To prove that he actually did catch one :)

2 comments:

Michelle Catherine Walker said...

FINALLY! After 9 years of marriage, Randy caught a fish!!! Thanks so much for letting Randy stay with you both this summer, too! Love you!

Lindsey said...

You are so talented! I love looking at pictures you take! Boys are crazy, 4 am? NOTHING is worth waking up that early!