Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back in Business

Well, we survived the holidays. We had 11 straight days. Free. No school. No work. We were in heaven. We broke it up a little and spent the first 3 days in Henderson. These few days were packed with a wedding, Walker Family Christmas party, priesthood ordination, and opening gifts. Then it was off to P-Town bright and early Monday morning to celebrate the rest of the holiday.

Somewhere in there we found sometime to get back to Vegas to go the BYU Bowl game. No pictures to prove our attendance. Why? Because that was the coldest football game I've ever attended in my life. This is no exaggeration. I've sat through a few blizzards in Provo when you couldn't even see the field and it still wasn't as cold as this game. But alas, it was fun to have my brothers, Miss G and some of Joseph's family all there with us.

As usual tradition, we spent Christmas Eve at the church for the town celebration where we got to visit with friends and see Santa. D&G joined us there. Afterward, we had a scrumptious Turkey Dinner. Thank you to the hubby for the mouthwatering smoked bird. And waking every hour the night before to ensure it wouldn't disappoint. (Despite all the cussing and fits that I had to bare.) After filling our tummies to the max we gathered around to opened up our PJ's from Mom and Dad and do the sibling exchange.
Per Preston's request we all HAD to sleep in the same room like we did when we were younger. Because our numbers have grown recently we had no choice but to do that in the front room where we stayed up watching Christmas movies.

After a little sleeping in, we finally arose to see what Santa brought. I must have been extra good this year, because my stocking was plum full of goodies! It was almost more fun than my actual presents. Joseph and I were both completely spoiled by both of our parents this year. We are really grateful for all they do for us.

Photobucket
For some unknown reason every time Joseph goes to Panaca he gets the idea that mustaches are okay....

Photobucket
Sporting our hoodies from Grandpa and Grandma June....

The day after Christmas we loaded the truck and drove to Eagle Valley to do a little ice fishing. The weather was beautiful and sunny. We played on the ice for hours.

Photobucket
D&G goofing off...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The boys doing what they do best. Joseph's new snowball maker.

Somewhere in the all the craziness we found a few times to make it up the mountain to go sledding. The hill was so stinking steep I didn't make it up as many times as I'd have liked, but still, it was fun. (That is, until poor Giulia took a little head banging).

We did spend quite a bit of time on the Wii playing Sonic @ the Olympics. That game freaking kills me! Literally, I was so sore the next day I could hardly move my arms. Plus my abs from laughing so hard.

Thank you Mom and Dad for having us all for Christmas. It was incredible to have everyone together again. Thanks for the gifts, yummy foods, and the memories we made!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

How fun!!! You guys in Panaca know how to have a GOOD TIME!!!

Tara said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. We were sad we only got you for a few days, but there is always next year :)!

How are you feeling??? I keep meaning to call you.