I know most of you are already aware, but we recently found out that we are
I am a little over 11 weeks along and the due date is August 28th.
Joseph and I couldn't be happier. We are so excited for this new phase in our life.
A lot of you have been asking how I've been feeling. I have to say, I really can't complain too much. I had the normal "morning sickness" for a bit. It showed up around week 6 and was quite frustrating because it caused my commutes to work to be a little longer than normal as I had to stop on the side of the road quite often.
Thankfully, that only lasted for about a week and a half. Then I went straight to nausea ALL DAY LONG. There were times that I was praying that I would throw-up because I knew it would make me feel better. I was not eating much because the thought of most foods just turned my stomach. Everyone told me to snack on crackers. I did that for a bit until the thought or sight of another cracker caused the stomach to flop. The only thing I could eat that wouldn't make me sick and actually tasted good were GRAPEFRUITS...they were a life saver. I can't even tell you how many I've eaten over the past few weeks. I know, seems weird because they are so acidic, but hey, it worked.
Luckily I got past that horrible nausea and now I'm feeling pretty good. That morning sickness I had has now somewhat turned into night sickness, but is getting better. I still struggle brushing my teeth and it doesn't fail to send my head to the toilet. I really can't complain much though. Our excitement for this little one outweighs my aches and pains.
I do feel terrible for Joseph because I haven't been the best supportive wife to him as of late. I'm so exhausted all the time that making dinner and cleaning there for awhile were some of the biggest chores for me. Homemade dinners, there for a bit, were far and few in between. He hasn't complained too much when he's stuck having cereal AGAIN for dinner. He's been very supportive and always willing to help when I need it.
We had out first appointment on February 1st. We were able to hear the baby's heart beat. What a precious sound! We were both grinning from ear to ear. I was so proud of myself for not being to blubbery and held in most of the tears. :)
We'll be sure to keep you updated on all the happenings as we go along.
Thanks for all the well wishes we've already received!
EXPECTING A LITTLE ONE!
I am a little over 11 weeks along and the due date is August 28th.
Joseph and I couldn't be happier. We are so excited for this new phase in our life.
A lot of you have been asking how I've been feeling. I have to say, I really can't complain too much. I had the normal "morning sickness" for a bit. It showed up around week 6 and was quite frustrating because it caused my commutes to work to be a little longer than normal as I had to stop on the side of the road quite often.
Thankfully, that only lasted for about a week and a half. Then I went straight to nausea ALL DAY LONG. There were times that I was praying that I would throw-up because I knew it would make me feel better. I was not eating much because the thought of most foods just turned my stomach. Everyone told me to snack on crackers. I did that for a bit until the thought or sight of another cracker caused the stomach to flop. The only thing I could eat that wouldn't make me sick and actually tasted good were GRAPEFRUITS...they were a life saver. I can't even tell you how many I've eaten over the past few weeks. I know, seems weird because they are so acidic, but hey, it worked.
Luckily I got past that horrible nausea and now I'm feeling pretty good. That morning sickness I had has now somewhat turned into night sickness, but is getting better. I still struggle brushing my teeth and it doesn't fail to send my head to the toilet. I really can't complain much though. Our excitement for this little one outweighs my aches and pains.
I do feel terrible for Joseph because I haven't been the best supportive wife to him as of late. I'm so exhausted all the time that making dinner and cleaning there for awhile were some of the biggest chores for me. Homemade dinners, there for a bit, were far and few in between. He hasn't complained too much when he's stuck having cereal AGAIN for dinner. He's been very supportive and always willing to help when I need it.
We had out first appointment on February 1st. We were able to hear the baby's heart beat. What a precious sound! We were both grinning from ear to ear. I was so proud of myself for not being to blubbery and held in most of the tears. :)
We'll be sure to keep you updated on all the happenings as we go along.
Thanks for all the well wishes we've already received!
12 comments:
YAY! i didnt know! how very exciting :) you shall be a TRIO now. congrats!
Lucky for you, Joseph happens to be the biggest CEREAL fanatic I know!
I cannot wait to meet this new little niece or nephew {I'm feeling it's a girl, but I thought every one of mine would be a boy, so I'm not very good at the guessing thing. But, Mom she is eerily good at it}.
Your kids will almost be the cutest kids I know {I of course reserve the cutest spot for my own, whether it's true or not. Mothers have to do that}!
I am so excited for you guys!!!
I am glad you are starting to feel better. What names do you guys have on the list {just a reminder that Stephanie is available :) }
Wohooo! I have been waiting for this post :) Congratulations!!! Hope you start feeling better soon!
We really like Thor, Chuck Norris, and Cordell
This is the post I was waiting for! I didn't know if it was top secret or not! Congratulations!
We are so happy for the both of you! You will make an excellent mom, you learned from the best. Lonney is rooting for Aug. 26th seeing how it's his birthday, he is willing to share :)
We are so SO excited for you and Joseph! Hopefully it isn't too long before we get to meet this little one in person!!!
Felicia!! I am so excited for you!! You are gonna be a great mommy!!!
CONGRATS, WE ARE SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU!hope you start feeling better! being sick is noooooo fun!
woohoo! I've been wondering when you'd go public with the news. SO HAPPY for you two!
Ok so I know I'm a little late... but CONGRATS! That is so exciting. I am happy for you guys.
Post a Comment