Monday, March 1, 2010

First Timer

We've all had one of those "first time" moments in our lives and Saturday held one for me.

I'm the new proud owner of my own
LIBRARY CARD
!


I'm a huge reader and always have a book on hand, but I've never owned a library card. My book selection has seemed to diminish lately, and buying new books doesn't seem to be in our current budget. So I've been bugging Joseph lately to help me go get one. He's can't get over how excited I am about a little library card.

So Saturday I made sure to find some time to actually do it. I was so excited and giddy as I roamed around the stacks of books. It makes me wonder why it took me so long to actually do it!


8 comments:

christina said...

have fun! i LOVE the library, and we go almost every day. i even have the limit (50 items) checked out at any given time. it's addictive!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel though i haven't taken the plunge yet. I try to explain how our library was the book mobile that would come every week. I want to go in the big library down town, but haven't yet. I don't now if I'd know what to do.

Felicia said...

Ha ha! Teri your comment cracked me up about the book mobile. It's all so true though. The thing is, I loved that book mobile and always looked forward to it!

Jose said...

How come you never got a library card in Panaca?

becbloggin said...

got a GREAT blog for you: http://rebeccasrecommendedreads.blogspot.com/ this is my friend who shares my first name :) she goes to the library often and reviews the books she reads. every time i read a review i think...I WANT TO READ THAT! she is also a wonderful writer :) happy reading!

Felicia said...

Bec,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely go check it out. :)

Felicia said...

Bec,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely go check it out. :)

The Allen Family said...

Congrats on the baby!!!! :) Kids are the most fun thing in life! (Besides husbands.) If you go over by a couple weeks, it'll be born on my birthday! :) Ha. Congrats!