Friday, May 7, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...right?

{Found this and realized I never posted it}


The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy for the both of us.
- Him....well school was overtaking every waking hour. The times that I did see him at home were just to grab a bite to eat while heading to the room to study until he went to bed. And just when we thought it was all over after the last final, he began the Law Review which lasted another 5 days. Bless him. That's all I have to say. I couldn't do it. That's for sure.

- Me...well I've kept myself busy with packing. Yes, we moved again. This will be the 5th apartment we've lived in during the short almost 2 1/2 years we've been married. What are we thinking? This one seemed to be the hardest for me. I felt as if I was moving at a snails pace. It took me FOREVER to get things wrapped up. Thankfully Joseph was EXTREMELY patient with me and we had a lot of help moving all the big stuff.

In more exciting news, Joseph and I took our first real road trip last week. We started out Friday night and made our way across the country, arriving in Maryland on Sunday night. We were on a tight schedule and didn't have extra time for sight seeing along the way, but none the less we still had a great time together. It pretty much rained the entire trip. Expect for the snow we hit in Wyoming. But were were able to see some beautiful country. I had never been back that way so it was a whole new adventure for me.

Ok, I'll admit I was a complete boob at the train station when I dropped him off on Monday morning. I'm blaming it on the pregnancy. But sweet Aunt Cynthia helped cheer me up by doing a little shopping, lunch and sight seeing around Ellicott City. I would have loved to spend more time there. What a beautiful place.

The long drive and plane ride was not too good on the ankles, or shall I say, cankles? I did what I was told and tried to prevent it, but there was no stopping. Poor things were looking quite pitiful. I'll spare you the picture that Joseph sent to my mom. But I'll put it this way, she didn't believe that they were my feet. :) It took a few days, but I think I they are back to the norm. Thank heavens!

So that's where were at. Joseph's enjoying his experience in D.C. so far and I'm kicking it here at home. Staying busy at work and still trying to unpack and get this new place organized for our soon to be.

No comments: