Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Still here...

What!? It's been six weeks since I last posted?
No...

Craziness.


I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened my blog today. There really isn't any excuse despite the fact that I've just been VERY VERY busy getting ready for this little one. Who, if you were wondering, still remains nameless.... that is one little MINOR thing I wish I could scratch off my to do list here soon. It's giving me a headache.

Here's a quick run down of my/our lives the past few weeks:

All the Single Ladies ~ At first it was kinda nice. Didn't have to cook meals, had control over the TV and did what I wanted for the evenings, but I have to admit that it's getting very old. Thankfully I've had a few visitors come and stay and made my weekends a little more exciting. Big thanks to Carol, D&G, and Chelsie. (Especially to those of you who I put to work helping me empty boxes.)

Unpacking ~ The majority of my time has been spent trying to put our apartment together after the move. There is still some work to do, but at least it's livable and I kinda know where things are.

Fabric Frenzy ~ I decided to take on the challenge of making her crib bedding. The start of the fabric search began. I was dreaming about swatches, colors and patterns....you think I'm joking? It just wasn't seeming to come together without costing me and arm and a leg. But I'm proud to say all the fabric is finally purchased and I'm only missing a few patches of hair. Hopefully putting it together will be a bit more relaxing.

Web Cam ~ This ingenious little device has become one of my best friends recently. It's because of that little guy that I'm able to see my handsome hubby every night. It's made the distance between us seem not quite as far.

Shark Bait ~ Joseph was able to go Shark fishing in Delaware with his uncle. They didn't catch any sharks, but J did catch some sea sickness from the rocky boat. Poor guy was miserable.

Goodbye Harry ~ Joseph finished up his 1st externship in D.C. I think overall the whole thing was a good experience for him, but he was ready to be done.

Road Trip ~ I flew out and spent a week with Joseph on the East Coast. We packed a lot into those few short days then made the long drive home. Hopefully (one of these days) it will get a post of its own.

Viva Las Vegas ~ Joseph stayed home with me for a week before he had to be in Vegas for his 2nd internship. He started on Monday. It was fabulous to have him home for a bit. I had a mile long list of things I wanted to accomplish while he was there, but most of that got pushed aside and we just enjoyed our week together. He'll be back for good around July 30th...I'm sure the list will still be around for him then.





Baby update:

I'm over 30 weeks now. She's still growing quickly and moving around constantly. I just went in for my 30 week check-up on Monday and everything looks great. The swelling of my feet had her a little concerned, but all my numbers look good. She said I just need to do better at taking care of myself. Keep them up, massage them, ice baths, compression socks...all that good stuff. I also start seeing her every 2 weeks now instead of 4.

Her movements aren't as erratic these days. The quarters are getting a little tight. It's fun to look down and see her pushing around though. I sometimes play "guess the body part".

10 weeks away and our baby girl will be here.

I'm still feeling great. I have found that my energy level has dropped quite a bit though. I'm a lot more tired after work than I used to be. Which is a bummer. There is so much to do, but that's about it. Still hanging in there.

Summer is flying by and I'm loving the warm weather. It kept teasing me there for awhile with all the rain and the awful random snow, but I think it's safe to say we are done with that. It's a good thing because my feet can pretty much only handle flip flops these days. Sometimes I'll try to wear my heels to work, but by the end of the day I can hardly get them on. Bring on the flops!



3 comments:

giulia said...

you know how you made me take those pictures of you and that cute belly? You should put one of em' on here and show yourself off!!! :)
We're excited to see you a bit more since Joseph is down here.
Love you!

Dan & Mel said...

The little one will be here before you know it. It would be fun if she came on Haele's bday (Sept. 1st) I saw a cute name the other day, it was Taylee, good luck!

Mer said...

Oh Felicia! I can't wait to meet that cute blonde haired dimple face girl! That is how I have her pictured in my head! It sure has flew by for me! Hope to see you guys next week.