A long time ago, this young couple (when I say young....I mean young) got hitched.

Just wanted to take the time to tell my grandparents how wonderful they are to me. It was such a treat to have this party in their honor and see the people pouring in the door to honor them. They have touched many many lives. Each one of them has been someone that I've looked up to my whole life. My Grandma June is the pure example of motherhood. She makes it all look easy. I've learned much from her over the years and still do. It's never be denied that I've always had a special connection with Grandpa. He's always up for fun and games. Teasing is one of his traits. Yet, I've had to turn to him on several occasions for help or guidance because he is a wise man.
One thing I love about my grandparents is their love for each other. Even after 50 years it is evident that they still have a burning love for each other. They love to simply be in each others presence.
I love these two with all my heart. Thank you for the examples you are to not only your family, but all the others that you've touched. I love you and hope you have many many more years of happiness.

10 kids, and many many grandchildren later we celebrated their
50th wedding anniversary in February.

It was quite the event. Delicious food, lots of people, and some sweet treats.

50th wedding anniversary in February.

It was quite the event. Delicious food, lots of people, and some sweet treats.

Just wanted to take the time to tell my grandparents how wonderful they are to me. It was such a treat to have this party in their honor and see the people pouring in the door to honor them. They have touched many many lives. Each one of them has been someone that I've looked up to my whole life. My Grandma June is the pure example of motherhood. She makes it all look easy. I've learned much from her over the years and still do. It's never be denied that I've always had a special connection with Grandpa. He's always up for fun and games. Teasing is one of his traits. Yet, I've had to turn to him on several occasions for help or guidance because he is a wise man.
One thing I love about my grandparents is their love for each other. Even after 50 years it is evident that they still have a burning love for each other. They love to simply be in each others presence.
I love these two with all my heart. Thank you for the examples you are to not only your family, but all the others that you've touched. I love you and hope you have many many more years of happiness.

1 comment:
I really shouldn't have read this. Now I have tears rolling down my cheeks!
Post a Comment