Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Miss Priss is 9 months old.

Craziness. Pure craziness.

I know I didn't update when she turned 8 months... oops! Delaware was just so fun that time got away from me.

Let's see... where to start......I'm sure I'll miss something because she's accomplished so much in the last two months.


She now has some pearly whites to show off. She got her first tooth right when we got to Delaware and her second at 8 months (both bottom teeth). The third (top left) came in just shortly after and it looks like the poor little thing has 2, maybe 3, on the way in as well. Those poor little swollen gums are so tender, but she's been a trooper and is loving learning how to use them!

(This was right after her first one came in)

Photobucket



She was getting pretty speedy at her army crawl, but then she decided to try the real deal. This was at the beginning of May. Just jumped up on those knees and did it. The same day she started crawling for real was the same day she started pulling up on all the furniture. Now she can get any where she wants.
Photobucket



One day I couldn't find her. I was in a panic running around the quite house. Then I found her up 5 stairs. I just about died. She was just sitting there smiling at me.
Photobucket



She's been saying DA-DA for quite some time, but we've diligently been working on MA-MA. I thought I heard it a couple times, but finally, at the end of May, she officially said MA-MA! She even directed it toward me!

Not as fun as MA-MA in my opinion, but she's also saying DOG. This actually started the same day as MA-MA. When we were in New York, her cousin Isabelle gave her a stuffed dog. It's now her favorite and brought on this new word. She LOVES dogs. Anytime she sees them she get so excited and starts shouting DOG DOG!


I don't really know how or why, but she LOVES Elmo! She'll drop anything for him.

She began clapping. I like to think it was because she was so excited for my birthday because that's the day she started and hasn't stopped since. Once she figured out how to connect those chubby little hands, she thinks she needs to do it about everything. Happy or sad...she's clapping. I love it.
Photobucket



She got her first boo boo. So sad. Not exactly sure what happened, but she was in bed with us one night and rolled right off. She cried a little, but I thought it just startled her because she went right back to sleep. Well, the next morning she woke up with this battle wound. I felt horrible! Luckily, it wasn't long before it had faded.
Photobucket


It's always been a battle in our house with sleep. Just when we were enjoying the schedule she had going on we moved and it sent her for a loop. Between the changes and teething, Miss Priss was not sleeping for a few weeks. Thankfully she's doing much better now. I know this picture seems horrible, but I had to document our battle with sleep.
Photobucket


First visit at the beach! She was so excited when she saw the water and loved putting her toes in.
Photobucket


Love this little girl!

No comments: