Wednesday, August 22, 2012

From the Mouth of Miss Millie

This little one keeps us in stitches. 
Everyday it's something new. 
She has quite the vocabulary and can talk you're ear off. 
Here are just a sampling of what I hear in a day from Amelia.


Anytime there is something she doesn't want to do, "No thanks." How do you get onto her when she's so polite about it?

"Thank you berry much." Or, "I love you berry much."

"Excuse me." As she's squeezing past you.

"What the heck?!" Thank you Aunt Chelsie!

"Oh-my-gosh!" Imagine it with such drama and her hand over her mouth. We aren't going to mention where she gets this one :)

While hugging me tightly,"Mama, you're my best friend." I believe she heard this on TV.

"Mimi tummy full." Anytime there is something she doesn't want to eat.

"Buggy bite Mimi finger." A few weeks ago she got stung by a bee. Not a day goes by that we don't hear about it.

"USA! USA! USA!" She really enjoyed watching the Olympics.

"Put em up!" Obviously learned while playing with Daddy.

"Baby Brother smell Mimi's feet?" While holding her foot up to my tummy.


She loves trying to figure out if someone is a boy or girl. She's actually really good at it. But, if you call her silly or something like that, she'll say, "No. Mimi girl." While pointing to herself. Then without fail, in this exact order, she'll say, "Grandpa a boy. Zeus a big dog. What's sugar mama?" I'll tell her that Sugar is a girl dog. Then she says, "Oh. Sugar girl dog." It kills me every time.


She loves going to nursery at church. A few weeks ago I picked her up and she immediately started into this big story, "Boys pulled Mimi rekas (necklace) off. I say no no boys." While shaking her little finger back and forth. After talking to the teacher, that is exactly what happened. The boys found that her necklace was stretchy and would pull it and have it snap back. She was pretty distraught. The more she told me about it the harder it was not to die laughing.


As you can tell we stay entertained with her around. Never a dull moment.
But we definitely have to watch what we say and watch on TV. Nothing gets past her.

 

No comments: