Tuesday, September 4, 2012

One year gone...

Look at this beautiful little girl. 
This is her last night as a 1 year old. 

Tomorrow will mark the beginning of another year for her. She'll be a great big two year old. She went to bed talking about the big birthday hooplas we have planned for tomorrow. I'm sure she's dreaming of cupcakes and sprinkles and all kinds of pretty girly things. Because that's exactly what she is. A pretty little girl who loves frills and bows and sparkly things. She can't put on an outfit with out spinning around and then sings her way throughout the day.

 I can't help but get a little choked up as I think about how quickly her time here with our family has gone by. She's been a blessing to us, her Mama and Daddy, and has brought a smile to the countless faces that have met her. 


My "little one" really isn't so little anymore. 


She talks up a storm. Seriously. I can't get over her sometimes. She picks up on EVERYTHING. Just when we think she can't hear us or isn't paying attention she throws us for a loop. Yesterday, we had the TV on and she was just playing walking in and out of the room. Then she came in and told Joseph, "It's been a crappy day." Shocked and wordless I buried my face in the couch. The person on TV had said that just a few minutes before. 
Oh, and on Sunday she told Joseph, "Cooperate Dad." You see what I mean? She just blows me away with something new every day.


She is very independent. Like I said before, we've been potty training. She's actually been a dream to potty train. She's done wonderfully. But she thinks she doesn't need help anymore. When she has to go she runs in, climbs up on the toilet, does her thing, wipes, climbs down, closes the lid, and flushes the toilet. She thinks she's so big. The first day she did everything by herself she threw her hands in the air and said, "I'm a big girl now!"


A big accomplishment she's had of late was getting rid of her binky! Hallelujah! I've hated that thing from the start and I'm so glad it's gone. She has only ever had it for sleeping, but it's finally gone for good. 


Pretend play is her favorite past time right now. Cooking, baking, taking care of babies, shopping, going to work, princess dress-up, you name it. She loves it all. We recently unpacked her felt playhouse that she got for Christmas and she's renamed it. . . . her"clubhouse."


As much as she loves to get compliments from people she's just as quick to give them out. She's keeps my self-esteem up, that's for sure. "You're hair looks pretty Mama." Or, "Your lips look pretty." Or, "I like your dress." It always makes my day.


I think she is really excited to be a big sister. I know she's still trying to understand how there is a baby in tummy, but I can see her excitement. Every morning she rubs my belly to tell him good morning, and randomly throughout the day shows him her toys or just talks to him. She's been asking a lot lately, "Baby brother coming?" And just giggles as she's looking through his clothes we have hung in her closet. She's very set on naming him George. Don't quite know where that ones come from, but at least we got past GREEN, which she wanted before. When she was snuggling with me one day she felt him kick her arm. After the pure shock on her face she though it was pretty funny. Now if she doesn't feel him move she always tells him to wake up and lays her arm across to get him to do it again. I'm delighted to see her as a little mama to her baby brother, but I'm also trying to treasure these last few months with her as my only one.

She's such a treasure. Though, sometimes stubborn and sassy, we wouldn't have her any other way. 

Happy Birthday tomorrow Little One. 

We love you very much,

Mama and Daddy

 

1 comment:

Dan & Mel said...

Happy late bday Miss Amelia!