The cowboy made it to the Big Apple.
After such a stressful evening in the truck we spent the next day on foot in the city.
It was Zach's first time so we hit all the hot spots.
Grand Central Station.
Times Square.
Rockefeller Center.
Battery Park.
Statue of Liberty.
Etc.
He even tried a "dirty water dog."
And the best find of the day, 99 cent pizza.
Zach stayed with us for a few days and accompanied me in discovering my new surroundings.
![]() |
| A beach on the Hudson |
Our time with Zach flew by and before we knew it we were getting him to the airport to fly home. He had never flown before so I think he was kind of nervous. I told him exactly what he needed to do and where he needed to go. Then Amelia and I waved goodbye to our Zachy.
A short while later, he called saying he was on the plane. Relieved that he had made it, Amelia and I made our way back home to Westchester. My phone had died sometime in between so you can imagine how shocked I was when I turned my phone on to find a text from Zach saying they hadn't left yet. They had been sitting on the runway for 3 hours!
Poor guy. What a first-time experience.
He finally made it out extremely late that night, but had to spend the rest of the night in the Charlotte airport before getting back to Vegas.
So grateful for Zachary in accompanying us. What a huge job he took on and he did it so well. I sure hope he had a little fun along the way.




No comments:
Post a Comment