Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We had our Halloween a few days early. Not knowing what Hurricane Sandy would bring for us, we made sure to celebrate it before the storm hit. I wasn't quite finished with the costume and there were a few more things I wanted to do, but we whipped her together and thought it turned out pretty cute. Little Missy had become obsessed with 101 Dalmatians over the summer. Papa and Nessie gave her that puppy before we moved out and and in no time she named him "Pongo Boy." 

I thought Cruella Deville was the perfect costume for her. It did take a little convincing, but Mama was able to talk her into it. She wanted to be a snow man. Boring! (Sorry to all those who were/have been a snowman.) Where she got that idea....we're still trying to figure that out. Crazy girl. I am kinda surprised we got her to change her mind, because she was very adamant about it. 

After I made the coat she was so excited. Then I set her down to do her hair. She was fine with the white, but once I started doing the black side, she freaked. Seriously. Bawling. "Wipe it out! I don't want to be Cruella! Please Mom! No! I don't like it!" I was crying as well, but my tears were from laughter. Joseph came up to see what all the commotion was about. It was hilarious. Once we finished the hair, she loved doing the makeup. She loved how she looked in the end, it was just that initial shocked of seeing her hair turn black.

We hit up our wards Trunk-Or-Treat and she was a hit! She proudly toted Pongo Boy around all night and repeatedly asked Joseph and me to sing the Cruella song to her so she could dance to it. Ha!


 She was so excited to show her friend Ellen her costume, but Ellen did not recognize her at all. She finally got up in her face and said, "Ellen, look I'm Cruella!" While spinning around. 



So, obviously we survived Hurricane Sandy. We tried to be prepared for anything. The winds and rain were pretty crazy. We did have the power go out on Monday, but it came back on late Tuesday morning. Lots of trees, branches and other debris down around our area, but we stayed safe. The good thing about it was that we had Joseph home for those two days! Just lots of books, card games, crosswords, and keeping warm under blankets. We are very thankful for our safety and are keeping all the others still being effected by it in our prayers.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Dan & Mel said...

So glad you guys are safe! We miss you and take care!

LiNdSeY said...

CUTEST Cruella EVER!!! I am so impressed. She is adorable. So happy you guys are all safe! Love you!