She's like a sponge. She soaks everything I tell her in. I've felt really bad lately because we've been so busy with the packing/move/unpacking/prepping for baby stuff that our little "school" that I try to do for her has been put on the back burner. Yet, I still can't believe how much she takes in and remembers or comprehends. She knows ALL of her colors. (She's known most of them for quite some time now, but for some reason yellow and pink were toughies, but now she's got those mastered.) She can count to 10, thanks to spending a few days at Nessie's clear back in May. (We are working our way towards 15 now.) She can also pick out and recognize some letters: A (Amelia), M (Mama), N (Nessie), D (Daddy), B (Baby Brother), J (Jazzy). She loves learning about letters and what words go with them.
She's been really into nursery rhymes lately. She is continually requesting me to say them over and over. It's hilarious hearing her try to recite them to herself. She has several down pat, but others that she knows parts of and then throws in her own words for the rest.
Probably one of her favorite things to do, besides read books (I honestly think she would sit there and let me read to her all day if I could), is sing. She's so into learning new songs. Can it melt a mothers heart anymore than hearing your daughter sing to herself? It kills me to hear actual songs coming out of my little one and not just some of her own gibberish (which was cute at the time). Some of her favorites are: "Row Your Boat", "I Am A Child Of God", "Mary Had a Little Lamb", and "ABC's." There are also other songs that she loves, but she doesn't know the words to so she sings what she knows and then makes up the other parts. Like the Nightingale song from Cinderella. She still has the few songs she's made up on her own though. One of them is "Keep This Dream." Ha! That one has got to be a favorite. Joseph got to hear it for the first time the other night. It's a keeper for sure!
Here are some of my favorite lines from her lately:
- She saw a picture of Mitt Romney on the computer a few days after going to one of his rallies and yelled, "That's Mitt Romney! I saw his bus! I saw him on the big TV! Go Mitt Romney! Two more days!"
- Day after the elections she says to me, "Mama? You need to call on your phone for Mitt Romney today?"
- While video chatting with Papa and Nessie, Papa asked her how much Trick-Or-Treat candy she had. She only replied by saying, "I can't have any treats today. I hit my mom. I'll try again tomorrow." Ha!
- Riding along in the car she says, "Mom, you're driving me crazy." I then proceeded by explaining to her why that is not very nice to say and she responded, "That's what Daddy says Mom. Your driving me crazy Amelia."
- I was walking in front of her up the stairs the other day and she said, "Fe, fi, fo, fum, I'm going to get your bum!" and grabbed my backsides. Then giggled and said, "Daddy do that."
- Sometimes she switches the order of her words up. Almost every morning she asks Joe, "You have to go to work back Daddy?"
- We don't really know why or where this is coming from, but she just started ending some of her words with an extra "ia" sound. Daddia, Mammia, Nessia. I think it's funny. It drives Joseph crazy.
- Unfortunately she doesn't call herself Mimi anymore. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but I do miss it. Although it is pretty cute to hear her say, "I'm Amelia Nicolle Walker."
I've always said I would never let my daughter get all crazy into the Disney Princesses. As much as I tried to stick to this her cuteness took over and I can't help but smile at her as I see how much she likes them. Her favorite is a toss up between Tangled and Cinderella. Daddy got her a Tangled doll that she doesn't go too far without, but she loves those Cinderella slippers from Papa. She will put her slippers on then purposely "lose" one and run around the house yelling, "Oh no! Mama, I lost my slipper!" She's such a goof.
We've been reading a lot of the classic fairy tales lately (which I'm pretty sure is where the Princess thing is coming from). Her favorites are: The Gingerbread Man, Goldilocks, and Cinderella.
I hope she will always have a love to learn like she does now.
I could keep writing and writing about our little girly, but this pregnant mama is exhausted and needs to put her feet up.
Nighty Night.
1 comment:
I can't believe how big and cute Amelia is now! She is so darling. :) Glad things are working out for you and your cute family!
Post a Comment