A few days after Christmas Joseph's parents came to visit!
We had a ball.
The time with them went way too fast.
We bundled up and trudged through the snow storm to visit Valley Forge.
Amelia also discovered she loves throwing snowballs!
Then we squeezed in time to hit up Lancaster, PA and downtown Philadelphia.
Somewhere in there we spent a couple of nights at our friends beach house in lower Delaware for New Years Eve. The Delaware beaches are very pretty and not far from us at all. Can't wait till it warms up a bit and we can spend our weekends there!
We got to have Joseph's mom for a few days longer than his Dad. So we took her to New York.
One big disappointment for me when we found out we were moving was that I would not be able to experience the city during the holidays. I had been dying to go back. So just on a whim, we packed the car, made the drive, got a hotel and spent the whole next day walking the streets. It was a beautiful, sunny day. I'm mad that I didn't take more pictures, but at least we got these few.
We took Terry to two of our favorite places to eat. Clinton Street Baking Co. and Doughnut Plant. Then for dinner, we discovered Eataly. Oh my. That place became in instant favorite. Can't wait to go back.
Ahhh...New York. I sort of miss you. I'm completely happy and so thankful to be living here in Delaware. I'm really enjoying it, but there are some days I really miss walking the streets of the city.
We had so much fun hosting Grandpa and Grandma Walker.
Amelia is still talking about them staying at "my house."
Love you both very much!




No comments:
Post a Comment