Sunday, December 1, 2013

October in our little corner of the world...

I realized recently that August got completely skipped. I was baffled at this because I really thought I remembered doing one, but I guess not! Maybe one of these days Ill get to it. For now, we will keep plugging along. Onto October!

Amelia was pretty excited about watching General Conference this time. During the Sunday session she looked out front and one of the neighbor boys was out playing. She asked if she could play and I told her once the session was over then we would go out. So she opened the door and proceeded to tell her friend that she wanted to play, but that conference was on and she could when it was over. Then without hesitation, "Wanna watch conference with us?" The little boy just looked at her as if she was speaking another language. Ha ha! She did eventually get to go out and play and she wore her scooter helmet almost the entire time. When she finally came in I was shocked! I had never seen her that dirty before. Hands, feet, pants, shirt, they were all covered in dirt. Then I took off her helmet and she was literally dripping in sweat! I could be wrong, but I'd say she had some fun!



This little monster loves to make messes!


Amelia got an umbrella for a late birthday present. No question. She loves it! This was our first rainy day with it and she probably played outside for an hour. She totes that thing everywhere. No matter the weather.

I tried to get an early jump on making the kids Halloween costumes to get them out of the way. James wasn't too fond of mom's costume choice.

Every week my kids look forward to Wednesdays. The whole day is pretty much our play day.
We go to the farm to pick up our weekly fruit and veggie share. There we visit all the goats, chickens, turkeys, pigs, horse, bunny, and peacock.


 Sometimes we even treat ourselves to some of their apple cider donuts. Then we head to the library where we go to their Jitterbugs music and dance class.

 After that we head to the park behind and library.
The weather in October was so perfect that we tried to spend a lot of time out. I'm glad we did because once November hit it really started to cool down.



 I had my first cup of Crio Bru in almost 2 years. It surely had been missed.
I know, at first glance, the picture on the left looks like liquor. Fear not, it's just our selection of drink flavoring. We may be obsessed.

I love this picture. It just shows a glimpse of the joy that those Dodgers bring to our home.

We were sad to see some friends that we had grown close to move to Utah. These girlies were such cute little friends. Amelia will miss her.



My two crazies at bath time. He always loves it. She usually hates it. But this night they both were happy at the same time.




We went to Linvilla Orchards to buy us some pumpkins to carve. I think we were hoping for more of a farm setting then it turned out to be, but we still had a great time and came home with some beautiful picks! They had so many different types of pumpkins!




 This little boy is full of mischief. I swear he's always trying to destroy something.

My favorite part of October was probably the fact that someone finally started sleeping through the night!!! This is a huge deal. It was bad. SO bad. We're talking still waking every hour and a half at times. Often times not going back to sleep. This mama was a walking zombie. It's amazing what sleep can do for you. I'm such a better mother and wife now.


Mr. Red has been trying to walk for awhile now, but he's a scardy cat. He loves to walk as long as he's got a hold of something or someone. The moment you try to let go he immediately sits down. I'm fine with that though. He gets into enough from his knees.





 We attended our ward Trunk-or-Treat.
What fun! It was freezing cold, but that didn't stop those little trick-or-treaters.
 As you saw earlier, James was not a fan of his costume at first. Well, I don't think he ever really liked it, but he finally just came to realize that Mom was most likely going to make him wear it. I honestly don't think he smiled once that night, but he also didn't cry once either! He got to sit in the car with Dad and help eat candy pass out candy. I guess Joseph tried to give him something and couldn't quite get his hand to his mouth. So Joseph would just put licorice in his mouth and he would somehow slowly work it in there with no hands. That's some skill!

The greatly anticipated Halloween finally arrived! My kids rocked their costumes and raked in the candy. I think I even saw a smile on Mr. Humpty a few times.




 Here is Amelia protecting her stash while posing for the camera.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



No comments: