Thursday, October 31, 2013

September in our little corner of the world.

Phew!
I made it!
Just barely....I know, but I still made it.
Thanks to my brother and sister (D&G) for the little reminders and push to make sure it happened.
October will be much sooner. I promise!

Our September was soooo busy!
But for a good reason...pretty much our whole month was spent with family that came to visit.

Joseph's parents came out for a few days and were here for Amelia's birthday. It's always so wonderful to have family visit.

First we took them to Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. It's so beautiful there. We just wandered all through the gardens and greenhouses admiring everything. Amelia was so excited to learn there is such thing as a FLAMINGO flower (top left). I one of the favorites of everyone was the Lilly pad exhibit. It was so amazing.

We drove to upstate NY to visit the Finger Lakes for the weekend. It was absolutely beautiful. Just like Joseph and I had imagined. We can't wait to plan a trip to go back. We stayed in this awesome lodge and celebrated this little beauties birthday.

She turned 3. My little spunky princess. I can't believe it.
At first, when she found out about her birthday plans, she was really bummed. She really wanted to have the flamingo birthday party that we had been planning, but in the end she loved it. Grandma and Grandpa Walker were here and she got to stay in a hotel!

This girl got so many great presents. She was probably most excited about the Tangled dress and her scooter. 


After the present opening we decided to take a walk around our lodge and take in the sights.

There are waterfall all around that area. We saw lots of them. Big and small. They were everywhere.



It really hadn't cooled down that much in Delaware, but up in the NY mountains it was starting to look like fall! We LOVE fall here. 


There was a small water park hooked onto our hotel so to end this special birthday we took a family swim. The little man didn't like all the spraying and splashing (he usually loves it) so he and mom mainly hung out together and watched the two crazies.



We took her to the Ithaca bakery and let her pick out a cupcake. She picked the biggest pinkest frosting topped one they had.
Did I mention I can't believe she's 3?

I told you she loved her scooter. This was the first morning we were back at home. She ate breakfast in all her gear. She was ready to go!


Then Daddy took her out and gave her lessons on riding outside.


Then just a few short days later.....Aunt Chelsie came to town!


We loved Longwood Gardens so much that we took Chelsie there too :)



This crazy girl was not supposed to get this wet. She's lucky I had a change of clothes for her in the car. 





We spent a day in Philadelphia.

Chelsie is a hamburger loving girl...so we just had to take her to Shake Shack. It never disappoints.


Downtown Philly


Then we hit up the zoo! The weather was perfect and now that school has started we practically had it to ourselves. 

 The Delaware River runs right behind our apartment. It seperates us from New Jersey. We found this little park right there on the river and spent the afternoon in the sandbox and scooting everywhere. Little man discovered he really likes playing in the dirt!


We were constantly going, going, going. Apparently we wore the poor girl out.

Sharing a classic Amish Woopie Pie in Lancaster.



On the Riverfront in Downtown Wilmington

One weekend we spent in Washington DC playing tourist.




It was fun and all until it started pouring on us. I mean POURING! And not stopping for hours!
Amelia and most of James stayed nice and dry, but the rest of us were SOAKED! We were all just laughing the whole time. I mean what else can you do when your car is miles away and it's not letting up anytime soon?


Amelia loved having her Aunt Chelsie here. She wanted to be just like here. She kept complimenting Chelsie on her hair and while stroking her own hair saying, "My hair is just getting longer like yours." So one day her and Chelsie were twins. Top notches, skinny jeans, and boots. Cute girls.

Doing some measuring to see how tall this big 3 year old is now. This is serious business you know.


Nothing like spending close to 2 weeks with your sister. It did this Mama's heart some good. So sad to see her go, but we had the best time!

I don't often get in pictures (which I'm trying harder to do). I was so glad Chelsie snapped this of me and the kids on our walk one morning.


It's actually starting to look like fall around our parts. Our farm market is spilling over with pumpkins and the kids are loving it!

That wraps up our September!




1 comment:

giulia said...

so.much.fun!
We can't wait to come play too.
Where's August? It done got skipped.
And I really am looking at interning at the Longwood Gardens. How fun would that be?