Monday, September 1, 2008

What a trip!

This weekend, we decided to go camping with our friend Kyle. It was Joseph and I's first camping trip together. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out very well. When we left Provo it was starting to drizzle, but we had high hopes that we would find blue skies when we got there. Unfortunately, that was not the case. There was a break in the rain and we tried to set everything up as quickly as possible. We found that our tent was missing the stakes. The boys had to break out their boy scout skills to rig it up. After huddling together and playing games until late the storm did not let up. I thought the tent was going to float us right into the lake. I have to say, it was the worst night of my life. The tent was not keeping the water out and the rain didn't stop all night long. I think I slept for maybe 1 hour. Needless to say, we got up as soon as the sun was up and made it home by 9:30 this morning. What an adventure. All we could do was laugh about it on the way home. Mayne we'll try camping again in a few weekends. :)
Our holiday weekend wasn't all that bad though. On Saturday, we attended the first BYU game of the season. It was so much fun! Before the game we went to a tailgate party and had Provo's "Jay Dawgs". Joseph was like a little kids at Christmas. He was so excited that he couldn't even see straight. The game was very hot and sunny, but it's exciting that the football season is here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's great to hear... We were thinking about going camping and once it started to rain we were just thinking about those who were out in the woods. ...so I was thinking about you! haha. Were you up at girl's camp that year it rained like crazy?

Felicia said...

Yes I was. Wasn't that a crazy trip? This storm was much worse than that, but that's all I was thinking about when we were there. :)

Liz Prisbrey said...

I love that you guys do so many fun things together! Take advantage of this time. All memories become good ones.

Tara said...

We were at the cabin this weekend and there was an insane thunderstorm. It was awesome to watch when you have a roof over your head. We actually said thank heavens we are not in a tent. Sorry you were!