Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Labor Day

We spent Labor Day at home in Panaca this year. This holiday weekend was always one of my favorites growing up. I used to spend the entire weekend staying with my favorite Jamie. It was always a non stop weekend chalk full of laughs, fun, and good food. I was so excited to take Joseph home and have him experience it with me. It's totally a small town weekend celebration. People come from all over and it's a party all weekend. We were busy everyday running around from event to event.


Tin foil dinners up the canyon.

Enjoying the fireworks...
Watching this stud in the parade...
Some hilarious floats. **Note - those "bunsies" are plastic and yes, there are 2 people driving that car**



Joseph's first cow tipping.... (That's a whole different story in itself). :)We also went bunny "chasing" (edited for you mom), played knee baseball (I have battle wounds to prove it), on four wheeler rides, watched Zach play softball, Went to the light parade, watched the drunkards at the street dance, and had great over due visits with long time no see friends.
One of the most memorable moments was watching the football game with Owen. When arriving in Panaca, we found that my parents had gotten rid of Cable. Joseph just about had a breakdown wondering how he was going to watch the BYU v. Oklahoma game. No worries, I got him set up to watch with Carol's dad and brother. Wow....words can't describe those couple hours, but all I know is that Chelsie and I couldn't breathe at times from laughing so hard. In fact I believe at one point Owen told Joseph he was going to get him a muzzle! That memory will crack me up for many years to come.

The weekend was full and we had a blast. It was the first weekend that just my little family was all together again since David's been home. So great!

David and Joseph also took on another adventure....

*******Warning -- you animal lovers may not want to continue reading*********
Let me explain this picture. You see, we are not cat people at all. They scare me. I thinks it's their scary eyes and that whiny sound that they make. Anyways, a bunch of kittens just started camping out in my mom's yard. We shooed them away, we picked them up and put them out, we kicked them...they still came back. So J and D took it upon themselves to take care of these creatures. Here they are when they've run the poor thing to the tippy-top of that tree. I'm going to spare you the details of how they got it up there, but I do believe that David is still missing a blow dart :) lol. Needless to say, we came out the next morning to a cat-free yard :) Thanks boys!

Thanks Mama and Papa for hosting us. It was quite the weekend!

No comments: