Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Quarter Century Celebration!

In honor of Joseph's birthday I decided to go something a little extra special. I mean, come on, this is his 25th Century Celebration! So here's what came about -


The Quarter Century Celebration is just around the bend.
There will be CAKE and GOODIES and lots of friends.
But Joseph's oblivious to what we have planned.
So keep it a secret and this party will be GRAND!

It turned out to be much harder than I had planned to keep him away for long enough to put everything together. I had only worked until noon that day then rushed home to finish putting the cake and all the finishing touches together. He had a big assignment due that day for school and stayed up extremely late finishing it the night before. So I knew that he would want to come home after class to catch up on some sleep. I was desperate that he stay at school. So... I emailed and text everyone I could think of.
"Whatever you do, please DO NOT give Joseph a ride home. He will probably beg and plead, but I repeat DO NOT give him a ride home!"


He called me shortly after his class ended while I was at "work". And what do you know? He said he thought he was going to call Alyssa to come pick him up. That plan failed when she wouldn't answer her phone. A bit later I got a text from Kyle asking what he should do because Joseph was driving him crazy about a ride home! We pulled together just a little white lie about him having to work, but it seemed to do the job. Two down who next?
My determined hubby decided to call and see what Adam was doing. He called me shortly after and said,
"I can't believe Adam. I asked him for a ride and he told me he would have to check with Kilee!"

Obviously Adam was desperate for an excuse.

Here I am trying to not bust a gut with Alyssa cracking up in the background. I apologized that he was stuck there and recommended that he go find a study room to snooze in. He wasn't having that.
Not too much later I got a call from his law school buddy Phillip. He said he was trying to keep him there, but he didn't know how much longer he could. By this time Joseph was looking up the bus schedule and was debating whether or not to catch that. Ok, by now, I am dying! Poor guy. He's become desperate enough to ride the bus home. I gave in and gave Phillip the thumbs up on giving him a ride home. I quickly ripped down any decorations that were already up, hid the cake, and ran out the door because remember, I'm still at "work." After a few hours of walking around the mall I returned home to a zonked out husband on the couch.
Ok, so on to my next trick.
Getting him out with just enough time to put back up the decorations and let the guests in. Luckily Kyle got off "work" just in time to take him for a tux fitting. For about 45 minutes I was a mad woman throwing things together, but finally everyone arrive, the lights went out, and......
SURPRISE!

There was no question that he was surprised. I was too busy that night to get many pictures, but here is one of the cake. Didn't quite turn out how I had planned due to the time restraint that he put on me :)


Photobucket

Hope you had a fun day Joseph. I love you so much.
Hug hug, kiss kiss, hug hug, big kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss.



3 comments:

Jewels said...

That is hilarious... Poor you! The cake is absolutely beautiful. You should be proud! You are a very talented woman. Thanks for sharing the story and making me laugh!

About Us said...

You made that cake? That's amazing!!! Wish I could of been there!

Anonymous said...

that is the best cake EVER!