Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby Girl Walker

Most of you are already aware, but I wanted to post a quick update.

Sunday morning at 12:05 AM we were blessed to meet our little one.

This sweet little bundle finally has a name...

Amelia Nicolle Walker

She unfortunately was quickly admitted to the NICU, but has since become stable. I will have to share more details later.

As of right now, they are waiting for her feedings to become more stable. It's hard and frustrating because she seems fine to us. Especially compared to all the other sweet little babies in there. We are sooo overly ready to get her out. We were told yesterday that today may be the day, but then this morning discovered that she had lost more weight which is a "no no" here in the NICU. Weight gain or at least maintaining is priority.

I was release from the hospital on Tuesday, but they have me set up in a "sleep room" right off the NICU. That way I'm here for her 24/7. Which I'm so grateful for.

Joseph unfortunately, had to fly to NY again on Tuesday for more interviews. It killed him to leave, but he will be back tomorrow. Can't wait to have him back.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers
on our behalf already. Once I'm able to get home and upload some pictures I will be updating!



7 comments:

bec said...

im so sorry! that is so difficult to not be able to take your sweet little girl home. hope all will be well soon and you'll all be back together again. love you guys!

Adam and Kilee said...

were coming to see you guys! glad youre doing better, cant wait for you to get to take her home :)

Tara said...

We cannot wait to meet her. I love her name! Good choice. I wish I was up there to help you steal her from the hospital. She must just be so cute they don't want to see her leave.

I'm sure you are giving her lots of kisses, but give her an extra one from Aunt Tara {her favorite aunt of course :)}!

We will continue to pray that she gets to come home ASAP.

Riley and Jessica Griffin said...

Felicia!!!
We are so happy for you... there is nothing better:) Cant wait until you can get her home!

Stephanie said...

Congrats again!! I can't wait to see her in person. She looks adorable in pics, but I need to hold her :) and I am anxious to kiss her chubby cheeks!

We are praying and hoping she gets to come home tomorrow!!

{... and we all know I'm the favorite one. and wisest. and most beautiful. and most humble of course ;) }

Mer said...

Congrats Felicia!!! I haven't been able to talk to you very much but you know how much I love you guys and I am here, far away:( but here for anything I can do. I can't wait to hold that cute little girl!!

Cami Jo said...

Congrats guys! I'm sorry it was so rough for you guys though. Hope all is going well now. Loved the pictures your mom had in Mesquite! She's a DOLL!!!! How fun! Missed you this weekend, but glad to hear you are all home now and doing better. Love ya Felish!